Your engagement on social media is crucial. Yes, the number of followers that you have is essential, but your engagement is equally important. Your engagement indicates whether your content resonates with your audience or not. Not only that, the more engagement you get, the more visible you are on Instagram.
The best way to get your audience to engage with you is by including a call to action (CTA) in your captions. Ultimately, CTA’s allow you to drive your audience to take action on your posts. Your CTA needs to be clear, concise and easy to execute. Every post should invite engagement by including some sort of invitation for discussion or question. Here are 21 call to actions that every Instagram post needs.
- Drop a 😉 in the comments if you…
- Tag a friend who…
- I need your advice here…
- Save this for later
- Click on the link in my bio
- Have you tried…
- Tag me in your posts
- Double tap if you…
- Head to the blog to…
- Watch my stories for…
- Let me know your favourite tips in the comments
- Can you relate? Let me know in the comments
- What are your plans for…
- Comment your favourite…
- Tag a friend who inspires you
- Do you know of any good…
- Any recommendations?
- Raise your hand if you’re feeling this
- Describe your day/week in 3 emojis
- Agree or Disagree? Comment below
- DM me if you have any questions
You want to set an intention for your post and ask yourself:
- Do you want more comments?
- More likes?
- Do want your audience to move to another platform?
- Do you wish to increase your reach?
- Do you want more DM’s?
Once you’ve set your intention, it will be easier for you to select the right CTA. Here are some examples:
- Let me know your favourite tips in the comments – For more comments
- Click on the link in my bio – To move your audience onto a different platform
- Tag a friend – To increase your reach
- DM me if you have any questions – For more DM’s
- Double tap if you – For more likes
If you want your audience to engage with you, you will need to encourage them to take action by including any of these powerful CTAs. Are there any other CTAs that you would like to share? Let me know in the comments below.